Route to be Accredited Checker Route to be Accredited Checker
The explanatory notes herein are to assist Professional Engineers seeking registration as Accredited Checkers in geotechnical and/or structural engineering works. They are in furtherance of Section 10B of the Registration of Accredited Checker, Registration of Engineers Act 1967 (Revised 2015).
REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION AS AN ACCREDITED CHECKER
- Any person applying for registration as an Accredited Checker shall:
be a practising Professional Engineer registered under the Act in the civil, structural or geotechnical engineering discipline;
- has at least 10 years' relevant practical experience in the design or construction of engineering works in geotechnical or structural;
- has adequate hands-on experience in the following;
- Compulsory requirement:
- Design of slopes greater then 25 degrees and total vertical height more then 10 meters, or
- Design of retaining wall greater than 10m high (wall can be reinforced concrete, reinforced earth or gravity wall)
- Supplementary requirement:
- Design of basements greater than 2 levels, or
- Design of foundation (include both shallow and deep foundations) for buildings higher than 10 stories, or
- Design of ground treatment and embankment greater than 5m deep.
1. Compulsory requirement:
Design of buildings exceeding 20 storeys and with basements not less than 2 levels.
2. Supplementary requirement:
a. Design of buildings of unconventional constructions (e.g. space frame structures, transfer structures etc.), or
b. Design of buildings that will result in complex interactions with existing buildings.
- by virtue of his/her ability and standing in the profession, or specialised knowledge or practical experience in civil, structural or geotechnical engineering he/she is deserving of such registration, provided that
- during the period 7 years immediately preceding the date of his/her application, has been engaged in geotechnical or structural design after registration as a Professional Engineer; and
- for a continuous period of 1 year immediately preceding the date of his/her application, has had such practical experience in the relevant field gained in Malaysia; and
- has attended and passed the interview conducted by the Accredited Checkers Committee.
APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION
- be made through MyBEM Online Registration System or manually by submitting Form B3;
- be accompanied by a copy of CV on the qualifications and practical experience highlighting the specific areas and level of responsibilities involved in the project(s). Applicants for geotechnical should have adequate hands-on experience on hill site development projects covering the above three areas [refer Section 2 (iii)(a)]
- be accompanied by 3 copies of actual design or review report done by the applicant. Applicants for geotechnical should have adequate hands-on experience on actual design or review report on hill site development covering the above three areas [refer Section 2 (iii)(a)]; and
- be accompanied by a processing fee of RM50.00 and a registration fee of RM200.00 in money order/bank draft/cheque made payable to the Board of Engineers Malaysia.
- A registration fee of RM200.00 and processing fee RM50.00 shall be paid at the time of application.