The guidelines herein are to assist Professional Engineers seeking registration as Accredited Checkers in geotechnical and/or structural engineering works. They are in furtherance of Section 10B of the Registration of Accredited Checker, Registration of Engineers Act 1967 (Revised 2002).
QUALIFICATIONS FOR REGISTRATION AS AN ACCREDITED CHECKER
- Any person applying for registration as an Accredited Checker shall:
be a practising Professional Engineer registered under the Act in the civil, structural or geotechnical engineering discipline;
- has at least 10 years' relevant practical experience in the design or construction of buildings;
- has adequate hands-on experience in the following;
Geotechnical (hill side development)
- Retaining Systems and Reinforced Soil Structures; and
- Slope Engineering and Embankments;
- Buildings exceeding 5 storeys;
- Buildings of unconventional construction with spans exceeding 10 metres; and
- Buildings that will result in complex interactions with existing buildings;
- by virtue of his/her ability and standing in the profession, or specialised knowledge or practical experience in civil, structural or geotechnical engineering he/she is deserving of such registration, provided that
- during the period 7 years immediately preceding the date of his/her application, has been engaged in geotechnical or structural design after registration as a Professional Engineer; and
- for a continuous period of 1 year immediately preceding the date of his/her application, has had such practical experience in the relevant field gained in Malaysia; and
- has attended and passed the interview conducted by the Accredited Checkers Committee.
APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION
- be made through MyBEM Online Registration System or manually by submitting Form B3;
- be accompanied by a copy of CV on the qualifications and practical experience highlighting the specific areas and level of responsibilities involved in the project(s). Applicants for geotechnical should have adequate hands-on experience on hill site development projects covering the above three areas [refer Section 2 (iii)(a)]
- be accompanied by 3 copies of actual design or review report done by the applicant. Applicants for geotechnical should have adequate hands-on experience on actual design or review report on hill site development covering the above three areas [refer Section 2 (iii)(a)]; and
- be accompanied by a processing fee of RM50.00 and a registration fee of RM300.00 in money order/bank draft/cheque made payable to the Board of Engineers Malaysia.
- A registration fee of RM300.00 shall be paid at the time of application.