RENEWAL OF REGISTRATION
A Certificate of Registration issued to a Professional Engineer with Practising Certificate shall expire on the 31 December of the year from the date the certificate of registration is issued.
The certificate may be renewed annually upon payment of RM400.00 and upon satisfying such conditions as may be determined by the Board.
The Board may refuse to renew the registration of a Professional Engineer with Practising Certificate if he/she has failed to satisfy any conditions as determined by the Board.
DECLARATION TO BE SIGNED BY APPLICANT
Applicant must declare that he/she:
- agree to abide the Registration of Engineers Act 1967 (Revised 2015) and The Registration of Engineers Regulations 1990 (Revised 2015) and Notifications and circulars issued by the Board of Engineers Malaysia;
- authorise BEM to seek clarification on any information submitted in any manner and by any means as it deems fit and proper;
- shall be personally in charge of all professional engineering services rendered for which I certify, stamp and sign all relevant documents and if necessary submit to the regulatory authorities;
- is a Board of Engineers Malaysia registered Professional Engineer;
- has passed the Professional Competency Examination (PCE) conducted by BEM.
Section 24(a) of the Registration of Engineers Act 1967 (Revised 2015) : "Any person, sole proprietorship, partnership or body corporate who procures or attempts to procure registration or a certificate of registration under this Act by knowingly making or producing or causing to be made or produced any false or fraudulent declaration, certificate, application or representation whether in writing or otherwise, shall be guilty of an offence and shall, on conviction, be liable to a fine not exceeding fifty thousand ringgit, or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding three years, or to both.".