ACPECC has the authority to confer and withdraw the title of ASEAN Chartered Professional Engineer (ACPE). ACPECC is established as an overseeing body at regional level to :-
- facilitate the development and maintenance of authoritative and reliable Registers of ASEAN Chartered Professional Engineers (ACPER)
- promote the acceptance of ACPEs in each participating ASEAN Member Country as possessing general technical and professional competence that is substantially equivalent to that of professional engineers registered or licensed in the Country of Origin
- develop, monitor, maintain and promote mutually acceptable standards and criteria for facilitating practice by ACPEs throughout the participating ASEAN Member Country
- gain a greater understanding of existing barriers to such practice and to develop and promote strategies to help governments and licensing authorities reduce those barriers and manage their processes in an effective and non-discriminatory manner
- encourage relevant governments and licensing authorities to adopt and implement streamlined procedures for granting rights to practice to ASEAN Chartered Professional Engineers (ACPEs)
- Identify and encourage the implementation of best practice for the preparation and assessment of engineers intending to practice at the professional level
- Continue mutual monitoring and information exchange
The Committee is led by a Chairman (ASEAN Country) appointed by rotation for 2 years and supported by a Permanent Secretariat which is currently Indonesia.
To facilitate mobility of engineering services professional, a register on Asean Chartered Professional Engineer is introduced.
Click here to view ACPECC.net