The explanatory notes herein assist Professional Engineers with Practicing Certificate (PEPC) seeking registration as a Road Safety Auditor. Road Safety Auditor is now categorized as a sub-branch under the Civil engineering branch.
Any person applying for registration as PEPC in the RSA branch shall:
REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION AS AN ROAD SAFETY AUDITOR(RSA)
- Be a practicing Professional Engineer with Practicing Certificate registered under the Act in the Civil engineering branch;
- Has at least 3 years of relevant experience in road engineering design;
- Has at least 2 years in road safety engineering;
- With involvement in road construction for more than 2 years;
- Obtain a prequalification certificate recognized by BEM such as REAM; and
- Has attended and passed the interview conducted by the committee appointed by the Board.
APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION
- Be made through MyBEM Online Registration System or by hand through by submitting Form;
- Be accompanied by a copy of CV on the qualifications and practical experience highlighting the specific areas and level of responsibilities involved in the project(s);
- Be accompanied by 3 copies of actual audit reports done by the applicant. Applicant should have adequate hands-on experience in actual road safety audits and
- Be accompanied by a processing fee of RM50.00
A registration fee of RM200.00 and a processing fee of RM50.00 shall be paid at the time of application.